Measure “A” Citizens’ Oversight Committee
In November 2018, the voters of the Amador County Unified School District will consider the Measure “A” bond measure. In the event Measure A passes, Proposition 39 requires school districts to form a Citizens’ Oversight Committee to monitor spending on school construction projects funded by Measure “A.” The purpose of the Measure “A” Citizens’ Oversight Committee is to:
- Review and report on the expenditure of voter-approved bond money.
- Receive and review copies of annual performance and financial audits.
- Present an annual written report to the Board of Trustees.
The Citizen’s Oversight Committee must consist of at least seven members, but the Board of Trustees will make the final determination as to the size of the Committee. The Committee is comprised of individuals from local businesses, senior citizen organizations, parent-teacher organizations, a bona fide taxpayers’ organization, as well as involved parents of children enrolled in the Amador County Unified School District.
Pending passage of Measure A, the Citizens’ Oversight Committee will be needed and is preparing by seeking applicants to fill all seats on the Committee. Interested individuals must be one of the following at the time of appointment:
- A person active in a business organization representing the business community located within the District.
- A person active in a senior citizens’ organization, which may be local, regional, statewide, or national in nature.
- A person who is a parent or guardian of at least one child currently enrolled in a school in the District.
- A person who is both a parent and/or guardian of at least one child currently enrolled in a school in the District, and an active member in a District parent-teacher organization.
- A person active in a bona fide taxpayers’ organization.
- A member of the community at-large.
If you are interested in serving on the Citizens’ Oversight Committee, pending passage of Measure A, please submit your application which is attached below or can be obtained at the ACUSD Business Services Office, no later than 5:00 PM on October 12, 2018 to:
Amador County Unified School District
217 Rex Avenue, Jackson, California 95642